I was very fortunate that my 5th grade students absolutely loved this chapter on Geometry. Their enthusiasm was quite real. I incorporated my SMART board, hands-on manipulatives and a study guide into the review. The kids loved classifying angles by dragging them across the SMART board and measuring with a giant protractor. We had a blast and even forgot the principal was there.
At my post observation meeting, my principal told me how impressed he was by my use of technology. It was a great evaluation! Yay! Later in the day I overheard him talking about my lesson with another teacher telling her how great it was and how well I used the technology in my classroom. Hooray for me! :)
In case you are wondering, my class did really well on their test!

Congratulations on your observation! I'm very excited for you, but you forgot to mention the fact that you had only gotten the Smart Board the day before, yet you integrated it flawlessly! Great Job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, if you look on the internet there are many tutorials on how to use Smart boards in the classroom. I am always surprised when teachers get these tools, but no instruction on how to use them.
ReplyDeleteLinda Burns